Main Menu
Getz & Braverman, P.C.
Getz &
Braverman, P.C.

Personal Injury Cases And Criminal Defense In The Bronx

Call Us First. You'll Be Glad You Did.
click here to call now
718-618-5567 Free Consultations

Available 24 Hours Daily Se Habla Español

Located Across The Street From All Bronx Courts And Two Blocks From Yankee Stadium 172 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY 10451

We Treat You Like A Friend Of The Family.

Handling Criminal Defense And Personal Injury Cases In The Bronx

Wrongful Death Archives

1 dead, 1 injured after 2 trucks collide on GWB

When two cars collide in the Bronx, the results can be anything from a fender bender to a mangled mess of cars resulting in injuries and death. However, the results of two semi-trucks colliding can be quite different. Because of their size and power, when two tractor trailers crash into each other, the consequences are typically severe and often deadly.

Driver with suspended license causes fatal accident

It is amazing the lengths some people will go to in order to avoid a confrontation with authorities in the Bronx. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for people to flee when they are faced with trouble from the law. When this occurs, the lives of innocent people can be placed in danger.

Father of woman killed in crash waiting on accident report

It can be frustrating for families of a person who has been killed in a car accident in the Bronx to watch the driver who was responsible for it walk away free and clear. This is especially true when the person was driving under the influence or negligent in some way.

Car accident outside New York car wash leaves 1 dead, 2 injured

Many drivers in the Bronx may not think wearing a seat belt is a big deal if they are just going on a short trip in the neighborhood. The truth is, accidents can happen anywhere, even on short trips. It is better to take a few seconds and buckle up and be safe just in case something does happen instead of paying what could be a lifetime of consequences.

1 dead, 1 injured in New York car accident

In the state of New York, a person can be arrested for what is known as driving while ability impaired or DWAI. This is much like driving while intoxicated (DWI), but is a lesser charge. A DWAI charge is usually levied when a driver’s ability to operate an automobile is affected by alcohol and his or her blood-alcohol content is below the legal limit. A DWI is an unclassified misdemeanor while a DWAI is considered a non-criminal traffic infraction. Even though it is a lesser charge than a DWI, the penalties associated with a DWAI can be severe.

Medical mistakes may be third leading cause of death in U.S.

When someone suffers a medical emergency or serious illness, often the first thing that crosses his or her mind is the importance of getting to the hospital for treatment. Hospitals are known for helping those who are injured or sick to recover and regain their health once again. However, according to a recent study conducted by a toxicologist at NASA, hospitals can also be the place where serious medical mistakes can occur.

Pharmaceutical error allegedly caused 6-year-old�s death

The loss of a child is particularly devastating to mothers; in most cases, mothers do all that they can to keep their children safe from harm. Unfortunately, New York parents who do not have medical knowledge have to trust doctors and pharmacists to avoid deadly errors.

Bride-to-be, best man killed in Hudson River boating accident

Drunk driving can cause deadly accidents, not only on New York's roads but also in its rivers and lakes. For this reason, people who cause fatal accidents often face criminal charges, and the victim's family members may also file a wrongful death claim against the person responsible.

Have You Been Injured?

Fill Out This Form And We Will Get Back To You Right Away

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Frequently Asked Questions Personal Injury In New York City

    • Q: I've been injured — now what? A: First, see an experienced doctor. Your injuries should be taken care of before you even consider making a claim against someone for causing them. Make sure you are receiving top-quality health care. Keep all information from medical visits — good records of your injury and your treatments are vital for your case if you decide to pursue legal action. Then, call us to schedule your free consultation.
    • How long can I wait before I file a claim for my personal injury? You should seek help with your claim immediately. Depending on the state you live in, most cases must be filed within four years of the accident, but the sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help you build a strong legal claim. If you've been denied Social Security or disability benefits, your appeal must be filed soon after you receive your denial notification. Call us for assistance and an assessment of your case.
    • I was in an accident without insurance. Can you help me? We would need to assess your case. Our assessment might lead us to conclude that the vehicle you were driving was at fault, or perhaps the road conditions were hazardous. We would also need to assess all of the claims against you as the alleged negligent driver. Call us today for your free assessment.
    • A giant commercial truck/semi hit me, and I was injured/my children were injured/other people in my car were injured. What can I do? Large trucking companies have teams of lawyers at the ready to help them minimize payment or avoid paying you for the damage their driver caused you. You need to call us to help you get what you deserve from the company for your injuries, pain and suffering, damage to your vehicle, and any injuries to people riding in your car. To protect your rights, an independent investigation must be executed as soon as possible.
    • If I get hurt on the job, what should I do? Tell your supervisor or someone in your human resources department immediately, and then get help with your injuries. It's imperative that you file a report about the accident with your employer, or you may be denied any disability or workers' compensation benefits for your injuries. Then, file your workers' compensation documents according to your company's guidelines. If you are turned down, give us a call to get your case assessed. We'll help you get the compensation you deserve for injuries on the job.
    • What should I do if I was injured on a construction site? You should take the same steps as anyone injured at any other job. File an injury report and file for workers' compensation benefits. If you are denied benefits or mistreated by your employer, contact our law firm immediately. Also, contact us immediately if your injury might have been caused by a party other than your employer such as a product manufacturer or another party on a construction site. You might have an underlying personal injury claim.
    • If medical treatment was unsuccessful or caused my condition to worsen, do I have a medical malpractice case? Not all instances of poor medical outcomes are medical malpractice. It is important to speak with an experienced attorney about your specific circumstances.
    • If injured in a police misconduct/brutality incident, what should be done? Get names of witnesses. Take photos of injuries. Get immediate professional medical attention. Contact our Bronx-based police brutality attorney today.
    • What actions should I NOT take when speaking with a police officer? Don't say, "I know my rights," "I'm going to file a complaint/sue" or "I pay your salary." Don't resist or fight if you're going to be arrested even if the cop is wrong, or he or she doesn't tell you why.
    • What should you do in the event of police misconduct/brutality? Note the date, time and location of the incident. Note — but do not ask for — the name, badge or car number of the officers involved. Note the physical description of the officers.
    • What should you do when confronted by a police officer? Stay calm and be courteous. Don't be rude or curse at the officer. Take off your headset or turn down your music. If asked, give your name and address. You don't have to answer any other questions. Tell the officer(s) that you would like to exercise your right to attorney representation.
    • Contact a civil rights attorney or group immediately. If criminally charged, don't speak until you've consulted a defense attorney. What steps should be taken after experiencing police misconduct/brutality?
We Can Help Email Us Now
172 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY 10451

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.

Located Across The Street From All Bronx Courts And Two Blocks From Yankee Stadium

Back to top