Main Menu
Getz & Braverman, P.C.
Getz &
Braverman, P.C.

Personal Injury Cases And Criminal Defense In The Bronx

Call Us First. You'll Be Glad You Did.
click here to call now
718-618-5567 Free Consultations

Available 24 Hours Daily Se Habla Español

Located Across The Street From All Bronx Courts And Two Blocks From Yankee Stadium 172 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY 10451

We Treat You Like A Friend Of The Family.

Handling Criminal Defense And Personal Injury Cases In The Bronx

Drunk Driving Archives

Violating probation terms can have serious repercussions

When New Yorkers are placed on probation, whether in lieu of jail time or after they have served their sentence, it's essential to fully understand and comply with the terms that are set by the court. These vary, depending on the offense, the court and other factors. If you fail to comply with those terms, you could find yourself behind bars.

Some important points to know about commercial DUIs

If someone were to walk up to you and ask "what is the legal limit for driving while under the influence of alcohol?," you would probably answer with the figure that practically everyone knows: 0.08. That is the legal limit in New York, and every other state in the U.S., for a person's blood alcohol content to be at while driving.

Are you facing DWI charges?

The state of New York takes a hard stance when it comes to impaired driving and those individuals suspected of driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs are subject to numerous penalties. As is true in most states, the legal Blood Alcohol Content level in New York is 0.08. Drivers with a BAC of 0.08 or higher will be arrested and charged with criminal charges related to driving while intoxicated. However, it's important to note that a driver can still face criminal charges even if tests return a BAC level below 0.08.

New York's stringent DWI penalties: a proven lawyer can help

Any person who scrutinizes the laws of New York that address impaired driving and enumerate the penalties for motorists convicted of DWI/DUI offenses will quickly realize that state authorities do not lean toward leniency when they sentence offenders.

Fatal New York accident leads to vehicular homicide charge

Authorities in New York say alcohol consumption contributed to a fatal accident in Henrietta on July 26. A 25-year-old woman has been taken into custody by the Monroe County Sheriff's Office. Her bail has been set at $50,000 bond or $25,000 cash. In addition to DWI, the woman has been charged with aggravated vehicular homicide.

New York man charged with 5th drunk driving offense

A 29-year-old Utica man has been remanded without bail for what is apparently his fifth DWI after allegedly knocking over and uprooting a signpost on July 5. He was formally charged with driving while intoxicated, driving with a BAC greater than .08 percent, unlicensed operator, leaving the scene of a property damage accident, second-degree unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and operating a motor vehicle without a required ignition interlock device.

Man charged with drunk driving in New York police station crash

Some cases of alleged drunk driving simply incur more media attention than others. A good example of this fact is a recent New York incident that involved a man who drove his vehicle into police headquarters. While no one was injured as a result, the driver was quickly charged with drunk driving, and the story was rapidly spread.

New York police officer faces drunk driving charges

For any person, a drunk driving conviction carries with it many penalties and social stigmas. For a police officer, being charged and ultimately convicted of drunk driving can mean the loss of a career. One New York officer will be facing that possibility as he fights an allegation that he was operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.

Slew of drunk driving arrests takes place in New York

Drunk driving arrests carry with them potentially hefty penalties if the drivers are found guilty of operating their vehicles while intoxicated. Men and women who are accused of this type of crime can lose their licenses, have to pay significant fines and/or be ordered to serve time in jail. Because these penalties affect other areas of their lives, some people who experience charges of driving while under the influence of alcohol also lose their jobs, families and friends. Today, five drivers from New York are facing the seriousness of drunk driving allegations and the problems that go with them.

Have You Been Injured?

Fill Out This Form And We Will Get Back To You Right Away

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Frequently Asked Questions Personal Injury In New York City

    • Q: I've been injured — now what? A: First, see an experienced doctor. Your injuries should be taken care of before you even consider making a claim against someone for causing them. Make sure you are receiving top-quality health care. Keep all information from medical visits — good records of your injury and your treatments are vital for your case if you decide to pursue legal action. Then, call us to schedule your free consultation.
    • How long can I wait before I file a claim for my personal injury? You should seek help with your claim immediately. Depending on the state you live in, most cases must be filed within four years of the accident, but the sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help you build a strong legal claim. If you've been denied Social Security or disability benefits, your appeal must be filed soon after you receive your denial notification. Call us for assistance and an assessment of your case.
    • I was in an accident without insurance. Can you help me? We would need to assess your case. Our assessment might lead us to conclude that the vehicle you were driving was at fault, or perhaps the road conditions were hazardous. We would also need to assess all of the claims against you as the alleged negligent driver. Call us today for your free assessment.
    • A giant commercial truck/semi hit me, and I was injured/my children were injured/other people in my car were injured. What can I do? Large trucking companies have teams of lawyers at the ready to help them minimize payment or avoid paying you for the damage their driver caused you. You need to call us to help you get what you deserve from the company for your injuries, pain and suffering, damage to your vehicle, and any injuries to people riding in your car. To protect your rights, an independent investigation must be executed as soon as possible.
    • If I get hurt on the job, what should I do? Tell your supervisor or someone in your human resources department immediately, and then get help with your injuries. It's imperative that you file a report about the accident with your employer, or you may be denied any disability or workers' compensation benefits for your injuries. Then, file your workers' compensation documents according to your company's guidelines. If you are turned down, give us a call to get your case assessed. We'll help you get the compensation you deserve for injuries on the job.
    • What should I do if I was injured on a construction site? You should take the same steps as anyone injured at any other job. File an injury report and file for workers' compensation benefits. If you are denied benefits or mistreated by your employer, contact our law firm immediately. Also, contact us immediately if your injury might have been caused by a party other than your employer such as a product manufacturer or another party on a construction site. You might have an underlying personal injury claim.
    • If medical treatment was unsuccessful or caused my condition to worsen, do I have a medical malpractice case? Not all instances of poor medical outcomes are medical malpractice. It is important to speak with an experienced attorney about your specific circumstances.
    • If injured in a police misconduct/brutality incident, what should be done? Get names of witnesses. Take photos of injuries. Get immediate professional medical attention. Contact our Bronx-based police brutality attorney today.
    • What actions should I NOT take when speaking with a police officer? Don't say, "I know my rights," "I'm going to file a complaint/sue" or "I pay your salary." Don't resist or fight if you're going to be arrested even if the cop is wrong, or he or she doesn't tell you why.
    • What should you do in the event of police misconduct/brutality? Note the date, time and location of the incident. Note — but do not ask for — the name, badge or car number of the officers involved. Note the physical description of the officers.
    • What should you do when confronted by a police officer? Stay calm and be courteous. Don't be rude or curse at the officer. Take off your headset or turn down your music. If asked, give your name and address. You don't have to answer any other questions. Tell the officer(s) that you would like to exercise your right to attorney representation.
    • Contact a civil rights attorney or group immediately. If criminally charged, don't speak until you've consulted a defense attorney. What steps should be taken after experiencing police misconduct/brutality?
We Can Help Email Us Now
172 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY 10451

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.

Located Across The Street From All Bronx Courts And Two Blocks From Yankee Stadium

Back to top