Main Menu
Getz & Braverman, P.C.
Getz &
Braverman, P.C.

Personal Injury Cases And Criminal Defense In The Bronx

Call Us First. You'll Be Glad You Did.
click here to call now
718-618-5567 Free Consultations

Available 24 Hours Daily Se Habla Español

Located Across The Street From All Bronx Courts And Two Blocks From Yankee Stadium 172 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY 10451

We Treat You Like A Friend Of The Family.

Handling Criminal Defense And Personal Injury Cases In The Bronx

Criminal Defense Archives

NYPD issued millions worth of erronous parking tickets

It may surprise you to learn that it is not a violation to park in front of a pedestrian ramp in New York City unless that ramp is in front of a crosswalk or at a T-shaped intersection. This may surprise you because you may well have received a ticket for parking in front of a pedestrian ramp, whether it was in violation of city rules or not.

Topical focus: the criminal justice system and juvenile offenders

Here's an irony: Expanding a police presence inside a high school in New York or elsewhere to safeguard against crime and protect would-be victims might actually have long-term adverse effects for both the school and the larger society that surrounds it.

Google app: citizens' driving aid or tool that endangers police?

A topic of deep and ongoing concern to persons on all sides of the social and political spectrum is the degree to which evolving technology takes center stage in the growing national debate over privacy concerns versus public safety.

Man allegedly used counterfeit money at New York State Fair

According to officials, an Albany man allegedly handed 17 counterfeit $20 bills to multiple vendors at the New York State Fair on Aug. 23. The man was taken into police custody and is facing multiple criminal charges including misdemeanor criminal possession of a controlled substance and felony first-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument.

Man accused of robbing a woman at fake gunpoint

A 29-year-old man was accused of robbing a woman at her Bronx apartment after binding her hands and feet with duct tape on July 25. The incident took place in Bedford Park sometime during the evening while the woman had been walking into her apartment. The man is now facing several criminal charges that include harassment, robbery and unlawful imprisonment.

Bronx man facing charges of resisting arrest sues NYPD

Authorities reported that a 39-year-old man accused of biting an officer while resisting detention filed a $50 million lawsuit against the New York Police Department, claiming police brutality. The lawsuit stems from a June 3 incident in New York.

Duo detained in the Bronx after masquerading as deputies

Police have detained a pair of men on charges related to their alleged impersonation of police officers in the Bronx. Officers initially encountered the men as a result of a traffic stop after they reportedly spotted one of the men texting while driving. After they pulled the car over, the officers allegedly discovered that both the 25-year-old driver and his 24-year-old passenger were wearing badges from the Passaic County Sheriff's Department. The driver was also allegedly wearing a gun belt.

Have You Been Injured?

Fill Out This Form And We Will Get Back To You Right Away

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Frequently Asked Questions Personal Injury In New York City

    • Q: I've been injured — now what? A: First, see an experienced doctor. Your injuries should be taken care of before you even consider making a claim against someone for causing them. Make sure you are receiving top-quality health care. Keep all information from medical visits — good records of your injury and your treatments are vital for your case if you decide to pursue legal action. Then, call us to schedule your free consultation.
    • How long can I wait before I file a claim for my personal injury? You should seek help with your claim immediately. Depending on the state you live in, most cases must be filed within four years of the accident, but the sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help you build a strong legal claim. If you've been denied Social Security or disability benefits, your appeal must be filed soon after you receive your denial notification. Call us for assistance and an assessment of your case.
    • I was in an accident without insurance. Can you help me? We would need to assess your case. Our assessment might lead us to conclude that the vehicle you were driving was at fault, or perhaps the road conditions were hazardous. We would also need to assess all of the claims against you as the alleged negligent driver. Call us today for your free assessment.
    • A giant commercial truck/semi hit me, and I was injured/my children were injured/other people in my car were injured. What can I do? Large trucking companies have teams of lawyers at the ready to help them minimize payment or avoid paying you for the damage their driver caused you. You need to call us to help you get what you deserve from the company for your injuries, pain and suffering, damage to your vehicle, and any injuries to people riding in your car. To protect your rights, an independent investigation must be executed as soon as possible.
    • If I get hurt on the job, what should I do? Tell your supervisor or someone in your human resources department immediately, and then get help with your injuries. It's imperative that you file a report about the accident with your employer, or you may be denied any disability or workers' compensation benefits for your injuries. Then, file your workers' compensation documents according to your company's guidelines. If you are turned down, give us a call to get your case assessed. We'll help you get the compensation you deserve for injuries on the job.
    • What should I do if I was injured on a construction site? You should take the same steps as anyone injured at any other job. File an injury report and file for workers' compensation benefits. If you are denied benefits or mistreated by your employer, contact our law firm immediately. Also, contact us immediately if your injury might have been caused by a party other than your employer such as a product manufacturer or another party on a construction site. You might have an underlying personal injury claim.
    • If medical treatment was unsuccessful or caused my condition to worsen, do I have a medical malpractice case? Not all instances of poor medical outcomes are medical malpractice. It is important to speak with an experienced attorney about your specific circumstances.
    • If injured in a police misconduct/brutality incident, what should be done? Get names of witnesses. Take photos of injuries. Get immediate professional medical attention. Contact our Bronx-based police brutality attorney today.
    • What actions should I NOT take when speaking with a police officer? Don't say, "I know my rights," "I'm going to file a complaint/sue" or "I pay your salary." Don't resist or fight if you're going to be arrested even if the cop is wrong, or he or she doesn't tell you why.
    • What should you do in the event of police misconduct/brutality? Note the date, time and location of the incident. Note — but do not ask for — the name, badge or car number of the officers involved. Note the physical description of the officers.
    • What should you do when confronted by a police officer? Stay calm and be courteous. Don't be rude or curse at the officer. Take off your headset or turn down your music. If asked, give your name and address. You don't have to answer any other questions. Tell the officer(s) that you would like to exercise your right to attorney representation.
    • Contact a civil rights attorney or group immediately. If criminally charged, don't speak until you've consulted a defense attorney. What steps should be taken after experiencing police misconduct/brutality?
We Can Help Email Us Now
172 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY 10451

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.

Located Across The Street From All Bronx Courts And Two Blocks From Yankee Stadium

Back to top