Main Menu
Getz & Braverman, P.C.
Getz &
Braverman, P.C.

Personal Injury Cases And Criminal Defense In The Bronx

Call Us First. You'll Be Glad You Did.
click here to call now
718-618-5567 Free Consultations

Available 24 Hours Daily Se Habla Español

Located Across The Street From All Bronx Courts And Two Blocks From Yankee Stadium 172 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY 10451

We Treat You Like A Friend Of The Family.

Handling Criminal Defense And Personal Injury Cases In The Bronx

June 2013 Archives

New York woman faces DUI charge while driving with granddaughter

A conviction for driving under the influence can carry with it serious penalties. When it is alleged that a minor was riding in the vehicle, the DUI charge can take on an even more serious tone due to New York laws that can turn the charge into a felony. In a recent DUI arrest by New York police, a woman is alleged to have been under the influence of alcohol when she was driving with her granddaughter in the car.

Driver crashes into Brooklyn apartment building, displaces 16 people

Although auto manufacturers have made vehicles safer over the years, cars are still incredibly dangerous. Unfortunately, negligent driving causes hundreds of car accidents in New York each year. In some rare cases, careless drivers can harm to not only other drivers but also to people who are inside their homes.

Defense faces difficulties in misdemeanor crime with high bail

While watching television a Bronx man saw that he was wanted for questioning in a man's death. He turned himself in to New York City police without incident. The defendant faces criminal charges due to brandishing a pellet gun (resembling a real gun) during a fight outside of a party. The charges are cited as misdemeanors and would not normally require a high bail, if any. However in this case the bail has been set at $5,000, an amount some may feel is excessive for the crime charged.

Officer injured in alleged domestic violence incident in New York

Dating can be a joyful experience for most of the time. However, when emotions run high and there are disagreements between a couple, angry arguments may erupt. This seems to have been what had happened between a woman and her ex-boyfriend in an alleged domestic violence dispute in New York. One off-duty police officer who attempted to intervene was injured as a result of the incident.

Feds may release informant records in drug trafficking case

When investigating drug crimes, federal agents often have a tremendous amount of resources at their disposal. In additional to aggressive investigation and prosecution, federal law enforcement officials may rely on confidential informants to provide evidence. However, using confidential informants can limit the amount of information the defendant has to build their own case.

Parents can face severe consequences for hosting teen parties

During the early summer months, teenagers in New York celebrate graduations, prom, and the beginning of summer. Many of these parties take place at private residences, and sometimes they lead to unfortunate incidents. In such cases, the homeowners can be sued for property owner negligence.

New York Senate passes bill making it a crime to "annoy" police

For every gripe or annoyance that gets some public attention a corresponding movement in a state legislature will arise to address the perceived problem. In that light, it may be argued by some that restraint and common sense are not necessarily alive and well in the New York state legislature. That's because the New York Senate just passed a bill that makes the 'annoying' of a police officer by physical contact a crime. Not just a crime but a felony carrying a punishment of up to four years.

New York teen stabs mom's ex-boyfriend, no criminal charges filed

New York authorities have reported that a 13-year-old stabbed his mother's ex-boyfriend to death. This is said to have happened at the mother's home in Long Island during a fight between his mom and her ex-boyfriend. As the ex-boyfriend reportedly started to attack his mother, the boy grabbed an object and started stabbing him. The incident is still being investigated, and no arrests have as yet been made or criminal charges filed.

New York woman charged with drug crime, marijuana warehouse

No one ever said that being a mother would be easy. Times can be especially tough if one is a single mother with three children. A good mother does anything to provide for her children, but sadly sometimes people turn to crime to support their families. A New York woman has recently been arrested and charged with drug crime for allegedly running a large marijuana operation.

New York families hope to move forward with lawsuits

While airplane crashes don’t happen as often as car or truck accidents do, they may be even more deadly when these tragedies do occur. If it is determined that a fatal accident in New York was caused by the airline or the pilot, the families may choose to file a lawsuit against the airline. Although there may have been no medical bills if the loved one died instantly or a body was never recovered, family members still deal with pain and suffering and the loss of future wages from the person who died. 

Truck accident kills 7 New Yorkers

No matter the cause, deadly car accidents are devastating for the family members of victims. Especially when a car accident proves fatal, the people connected to the victims often want immediate explanations. However, until investigations are completed by authorities in New York, many details remain unknown.

Have You Been Injured?

Fill Out This Form And We Will Get Back To You Right Away

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Frequently Asked Questions Personal Injury In New York City

    • Q: I've been injured — now what? A: First, see an experienced doctor. Your injuries should be taken care of before you even consider making a claim against someone for causing them. Make sure you are receiving top-quality health care. Keep all information from medical visits — good records of your injury and your treatments are vital for your case if you decide to pursue legal action. Then, call us to schedule your free consultation.
    • How long can I wait before I file a claim for my personal injury? You should seek help with your claim immediately. Depending on the state you live in, most cases must be filed within four years of the accident, but the sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help you build a strong legal claim. If you've been denied Social Security or disability benefits, your appeal must be filed soon after you receive your denial notification. Call us for assistance and an assessment of your case.
    • I was in an accident without insurance. Can you help me? We would need to assess your case. Our assessment might lead us to conclude that the vehicle you were driving was at fault, or perhaps the road conditions were hazardous. We would also need to assess all of the claims against you as the alleged negligent driver. Call us today for your free assessment.
    • A giant commercial truck/semi hit me, and I was injured/my children were injured/other people in my car were injured. What can I do? Large trucking companies have teams of lawyers at the ready to help them minimize payment or avoid paying you for the damage their driver caused you. You need to call us to help you get what you deserve from the company for your injuries, pain and suffering, damage to your vehicle, and any injuries to people riding in your car. To protect your rights, an independent investigation must be executed as soon as possible.
    • If I get hurt on the job, what should I do? Tell your supervisor or someone in your human resources department immediately, and then get help with your injuries. It's imperative that you file a report about the accident with your employer, or you may be denied any disability or workers' compensation benefits for your injuries. Then, file your workers' compensation documents according to your company's guidelines. If you are turned down, give us a call to get your case assessed. We'll help you get the compensation you deserve for injuries on the job.
    • What should I do if I was injured on a construction site? You should take the same steps as anyone injured at any other job. File an injury report and file for workers' compensation benefits. If you are denied benefits or mistreated by your employer, contact our law firm immediately. Also, contact us immediately if your injury might have been caused by a party other than your employer such as a product manufacturer or another party on a construction site. You might have an underlying personal injury claim.
    • If medical treatment was unsuccessful or caused my condition to worsen, do I have a medical malpractice case? Not all instances of poor medical outcomes are medical malpractice. It is important to speak with an experienced attorney about your specific circumstances.
    • If injured in a police misconduct/brutality incident, what should be done? Get names of witnesses. Take photos of injuries. Get immediate professional medical attention. Contact our Bronx-based police brutality attorney today.
    • What actions should I NOT take when speaking with a police officer? Don't say, "I know my rights," "I'm going to file a complaint/sue" or "I pay your salary." Don't resist or fight if you're going to be arrested even if the cop is wrong, or he or she doesn't tell you why.
    • What should you do in the event of police misconduct/brutality? Note the date, time and location of the incident. Note — but do not ask for — the name, badge or car number of the officers involved. Note the physical description of the officers.
    • What should you do when confronted by a police officer? Stay calm and be courteous. Don't be rude or curse at the officer. Take off your headset or turn down your music. If asked, give your name and address. You don't have to answer any other questions. Tell the officer(s) that you would like to exercise your right to attorney representation.
    • Contact a civil rights attorney or group immediately. If criminally charged, don't speak until you've consulted a defense attorney. What steps should be taken after experiencing police misconduct/brutality?
We Can Help Email Us Now
172 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY 10451

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business.

Located Across The Street From All Bronx Courts And Two Blocks From Yankee Stadium

Back to top