Main Menu
Getz & Braverman, P.C.
Getz &
Braverman, P.C.

Personal Injury Cases And Criminal Defense In The Bronx

Call Us First. You'll Be Glad You Did.
click here to call now
718-618-5567 Free Consultations

Available 24 Hours Daily Se Habla Español

Located Across The Street From All Bronx Courts And Two Blocks From Yankee Stadium 172 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY 10451

We Treat You Like A Friend Of The Family.

Handling Criminal Defense And Personal Injury Cases In The Bronx

July 2012 Archives

Alleged 'gang' of 8 women arrested in subway stabbing

An allegedly rowdy subway ride apparently turned into much more for a group of New York women recently. An older gentleman, a Vietnam veteran, claims that he was attacked by the "gang" of young women after he complained about their demeanor on the 6 train.

Bronx man could see life in prison for assault charges

Evading police can often be a more serious crime than the one for which police pursue a suspect. After facing possible drug charges, a Bronx man drive away from officers who went after him. He allegedly ended up hitting them with his vehicle, and as a result he's been convicted of assault and may spend the rest of his life in prison.

Police use phone feature to arrest man accused of robbery

Sometimes police get creative when investigating alleged crimes, and it can land people in jail. One suspect who was accused of a robbery and home invasion in the Bronx was recently arrested after the cops used a tracking feature on a cellphone to locate him.

Drunk driver cause of pedestrian accident in the Bronx

Whether you are in New York City or one of the five boroughs, there are a lot of things to do and see. The sidewalks and streets are always bustling with people on their way to work, school or other fun summer activities.

Family outraged at officer's solitary confinement

A New York Police Department officer accused of drug crimes and other offenses was placed in solitary confinement recently, and his family is upset at the move. His daughter says she fears he is being treated like an animal, and it is hard to know what is happening because he is not allowed to talk to anyone.

Woman's prison plight highlights problem of wrongful arrests

An innocent woman who spent 53 days in jail in another state is making national headlines. Her ordeal began because of a mix up, but continued even though there was overwhelming evidence that she was innocent of federal battery and misdemeanor assault charges.

Police arrest woman for stabbing after domestic dispute

A Bronx woman was arrested for allegedly stabbing her husband in the midst of a domestic dispute. New York Police Department officers were apparently called to the couple's South Bronx third floor apartment after 4:30 a.m. one recent morning after witnesses heard a loud argument and called 911.

NYPD, DOE look at options after meeting regarding school arrests

It's no secret that there's been a surge in arrests in New York public schools over the last few years. Now about one out of every three arrests occurs in schools in the Bronx, and about 96 percent of such arrests city-wide involve African-American or Latino youth.

Have You Been Injured?

Fill Out This Form And We Will Get Back To You Right Away

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Frequently Asked Questions Personal Injury In New York City

    • Q: I've been injured — now what? A: First, see an experienced doctor. Your injuries should be taken care of before you even consider making a claim against someone for causing them. Make sure you are receiving top-quality health care. Keep all information from medical visits — good records of your injury and your treatments are vital for your case if you decide to pursue legal action. Then, call us to schedule your free consultation.
    • How long can I wait before I file a claim for my personal injury? You should seek help with your claim immediately. Depending on the state you live in, most cases must be filed within four years of the accident, but the sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help you build a strong legal claim. If you've been denied Social Security or disability benefits, your appeal must be filed soon after you receive your denial notification. Call us for assistance and an assessment of your case.
    • I was in an accident without insurance. Can you help me? We would need to assess your case. Our assessment might lead us to conclude that the vehicle you were driving was at fault, or perhaps the road conditions were hazardous. We would also need to assess all of the claims against you as the alleged negligent driver. Call us today for your free assessment.
    • A giant commercial truck/semi hit me, and I was injured/my children were injured/other people in my car were injured. What can I do? Large trucking companies have teams of lawyers at the ready to help them minimize payment or avoid paying you for the damage their driver caused you. You need to call us to help you get what you deserve from the company for your injuries, pain and suffering, damage to your vehicle, and any injuries to people riding in your car. To protect your rights, an independent investigation must be executed as soon as possible.
    • If I get hurt on the job, what should I do? Tell your supervisor or someone in your human resources department immediately, and then get help with your injuries. It's imperative that you file a report about the accident with your employer, or you may be denied any disability or workers' compensation benefits for your injuries. Then, file your workers' compensation documents according to your company's guidelines. If you are turned down, give us a call to get your case assessed. We'll help you get the compensation you deserve for injuries on the job.
    • What should I do if I was injured on a construction site? You should take the same steps as anyone injured at any other job. File an injury report and file for workers' compensation benefits. If you are denied benefits or mistreated by your employer, contact our law firm immediately. Also, contact us immediately if your injury might have been caused by a party other than your employer such as a product manufacturer or another party on a construction site. You might have an underlying personal injury claim.
    • If medical treatment was unsuccessful or caused my condition to worsen, do I have a medical malpractice case? Not all instances of poor medical outcomes are medical malpractice. It is important to speak with an experienced attorney about your specific circumstances.
    • If injured in a police misconduct/brutality incident, what should be done? Get names of witnesses. Take photos of injuries. Get immediate professional medical attention. Contact our Bronx-based police brutality attorney today.
    • What actions should I NOT take when speaking with a police officer? Don't say, "I know my rights," "I'm going to file a complaint/sue" or "I pay your salary." Don't resist or fight if you're going to be arrested even if the cop is wrong, or he or she doesn't tell you why.
    • What should you do in the event of police misconduct/brutality? Note the date, time and location of the incident. Note — but do not ask for — the name, badge or car number of the officers involved. Note the physical description of the officers.
    • What should you do when confronted by a police officer? Stay calm and be courteous. Don't be rude or curse at the officer. Take off your headset or turn down your music. If asked, give your name and address. You don't have to answer any other questions. Tell the officer(s) that you would like to exercise your right to attorney representation.
    • Contact a civil rights attorney or group immediately. If criminally charged, don't speak until you've consulted a defense attorney. What steps should be taken after experiencing police misconduct/brutality?
We Can Help Email Us Now
172 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY 10451

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business.

Located Across The Street From All Bronx Courts And Two Blocks From Yankee Stadium

Back to top